Saturday 3 November 2007

A complicated lady? Who? Me?

I have always been a hopeless romantic. I love love songs. I love love stories. I love romantic films. If there is something that I like that my husband doesn't, this is it. We like most things. Except for a few things like, for example, Italian food (pizza, pasta) which I love to bits but he doesn't and love songs. About 3 months before our wedding in 2005, I phoned him and asked him what songs he wants to be played at our wedding. There was only one song that he wanted. It was a song by Elvis Presley. He said to me the song describes me perfectly. I got excited and looked all over for the song. I found a copy eventually, after many weeks of searching. I was kind of disappointed to hear that it was not the romantic type of song. It was, to be honest, somekind of moaning about a woman that a man loves. It's complaining about her complicated personality and the difficulty he is in but loving her anyway. Here it is: Moody Blue by Elvis Presley Well, it's hard to be a gambler Bettin' on the number That changes every time Well, you think you're gonna win Think she's givin' in A stranger's all you find Yeah, it's hard to figure out What she's all about That she's a woman through and through She's a complicated lady, so color my baby moody blue, Oh, moody blue Tell me am I gettin' through I keep hangin' on Try to learn the song But I never do Oh, moody blue, Tell me who Im talkin' to You're like the night and day And it's hard to say Which one is you. Well, when Monday comes she's Tuesday, When Tuesday comes she's Wednesday, Into another day again Her personality unwinds Just like a ball of twine On a spool that never ends Just when I think I know her well Her emotions reveal, She's not the person that I thought I knew She's a complicated lady, so color my baby moody blue, Oh, moody blue Tell me am I gettin' through I keep hangin' on Try to learn the song But I never do Oh, moody blue, Tell me who Im talkin' to You're like the night and day And it's hard to say Which one is you. Okay, so it doesn't say there if the man still loves the woman, does it? It's just a song of a whiner. Oh, well. So was it played at the wedding? Surely! After two years, he still says the same thing about me and even sings the song to me from time to time - and keeps milking how complicated I am - now with more conviction than ever before. Do you think I like the song? You bet.

2 comments:

exskindiver said...

being complicated isn't so bad.
it keeps our loved ones on their toes.
how are you na?

Anonymous said...

You should check out Your Love Coach. I am sure you'll love my latest post :)

And you got Mikimoto earrings??? Nice!

More posts to come on my US trip! I haven't even started. :) Keep coming back to The Goddess In You.

joy
The Goddess In You