Tuesday 30 September 2008

When will I see you again?

We had to let our old Skoda Felicia go. It was a 10-year old car and we had it only for 2 and a half years but it became so dear to me and my husband. Yes, it's one of those mushy days for me again. It was our first car together and our first property after getting married. It took us to a lot of places - from all places in Norfolk to Lancashire, The Lake District, Yorkshire and back.
For the last 12 months, it's been having problems of all sorts. Then recently, the suspension collapsed. It was dangerous to drive and expensive to repair. So, hubby and I talked about it and decided to just give the good old car up and get a new one. It's just like my old computer 3 months ago, isn't it? Giving up something that's been there for quite awhile isn't easy. But sometimes you have to.
You know what? If I had the money, just if, you know what I would do? I'd have our little red Skoda repaired, all re-apholstered, cleaned, re-painted and everything else to make it look new again. But, then, I didn't have that kind of money, did I?
So, goodbye to you, our dear little old red Skoda....thank you for taking me to work for more than 2 years, for taking us safely to The Lake District on my birthday this year...and for all those times you sheltered us from the rain in Mundesley.

1 comment:

Gina said...

It's the same feeling we had when we had to trade in our Regal to a newer model this year. It was sad when we had to say 'bye' to it. We told 'him' to keep his future driver and passengers safe.