Thursday 30 October 2008

Blackpool and B&B

Blackpool, LANCS. - After taking me to Fleetwood, my husband and I went to Blackpool. We didn't know that the Illuminations had started so we've decided to stay there for the night so husband could show me what the Illuminations were like. We opted to stay in a B&B (Bed and Breakfast). We knew that B&Bs have the homely-feel, if you know what I mean. I like the atmosphere in B&Bs. Sadly, we were both disappointed when we went into our room. It was so small (well, what do we expect? B&B rooms are really small!) but the fact that it was the 'family room' that was given to us due to it being fully booked really shocked us! Although, the good thing about this place is that the hosts were absolutely amazing - friendly and hospitable. People seem to enjoy their company that's why they keep coming. The dining room was filled with thank you cards from all over the country. I bet they come because of the 'true Lancashire hospitality' that you experience in the place. The lady of the house, Linda, introduced us to other guests when we had tea at the bar before we went to bed. In the morning, she made sure we were welcomed and we felt at ease and at home. That's what you don't get when you go to a posh hotel, I guess.

1 comment:

ruthinian said...

I have not stayed in a B&B yet. Hubby and I usually go Hotel Camping during summertime. hahahaha. Hotel Camping because we always plan to go camping and we always leave the house with all of those camping gear and whatnot? and at the end of the day, we always end up checking in the hotel because he can't stand my ranting and whining about the bathroom and the bugs. hahahaha