Saturday 1 November 2008

On driving...

I have started my driving lessons today. I have got a brilliant instructor. It was scary!!! I am looking forward to the time when I don't have to be scared, that driving will be second nature to me. Most of all, I am looking forward to driving my own car, not depending on anyone to take me anywhere! I am looking forward to my independence! So, what have I learned today so far? I know more than honking the horn now. I have learned how to turn the steering wheel which was a little bit tricky and needs a lot of getting used to. I have learned the use of clutch, brakes and the accelerator. I still panic when the car starts moving and can't get into any type of conversation as I have to focus on what I am doing. I know I've got a long way to go and exams to pass!!!!
But then the good thing is....I'm now learning! Yee-haa!!!

3 comments:

Makis said...

Good luck, Len! This kind of independence & freedom is the best! I think I'll have a hard time driving on the left!

Anonymous said...

Hi Len, good luck! Wish you well dear friend, it would be nice to see you behind the wheels, yehey!

Anonymous said...

Len, all the best with your driving lessons, as long as you keep up with your lessons, the day will come when you will find things get better, and you'll be able to have a conversation.