Monday 24 October 2011

The Healing Spell by Kimberley Griffiths Little

I waited so long for this book to arrive on my doorstep so that when it finally did, I almost screamed in delight!

Livie, the main character, did not only make me reconnect to my child-self but also helped me come to terms with the things in my past, things I can never change.

The Healing Spell by Kimberley Griffiths Little helped me understand my own fears when I was an eleven year old girl.  Most of all, it made me understand and love my mother more than I already do or did.

This is one of the books that I highly recommend to both children and adults alike.  It's an emotionally powerful book.  It may not have the same effect on you but I can assure you that it is an excellent read.  I am certain you will enjoy every word, every page.  To me, this means I will be reading more books by Ms Little.



Back cover blurb:


Twelve-year-old Livie is living with a secret and it's crushing her. She knows she is responsible for her mother's coma, but she can't tell anyone. It's up to her to find a way to wake her momma up.

Stuck in the middle of three sisters, hiding a forbidden pet alligator, and afraid to disappoint her daddy, whom she loves more than anyone else, Livie struggles to find her place within her own family as she learns about the powers of faith and redemption. Livie's powerful, emotional, and sometimes humorous story will stay with readers long after the last line is read.
Set in the lush bayou of Louisiana, Kimberley Griffiths Little brings Livie's story to life with power and grace.

Disclaimer:  I own a copy of the book 'The Healing Spell.'  This is an honest review and I was not compensated for this.


5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

It sounds like a most wonderful book! Thanks for the review, Len! Take care
x

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Very excited to see this, Len, thank you times a thousand!!! You are the best. Hope your day is wonderful, just like you! :-)

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Very excited to see this, Len, thank you times a thousand!!! You are the best. Hope your day is wonderful, just like you! :-)

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm so happy to know The Healing Spell impacted you like it impacted me. I read Circle of Secrets too. While it didn't have the sam personal connection with my childhood, I still loved the book.

Thanks for your thoughtful review.

Lola Sharp said...

I've been hearing about this book for a long time, and I've had it in my to-read list on GoodReads for so long. I need to break down and buy it.

I hear all good things about it. :)

Thanks for supporting fellow writers, Len. *hugs*